Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eeny Meeny Miny...Whoa!


Decisions, decisions.  Sometimes the decisions we make are relatively simple like what clothes to wear, or where to go for lunch.  Then there are the harder decisions like do I want to take on a 30 year mortgage or for a writer...is my manuscript really ready for submission?


There is so much to choose from in the world of blogging that at times, it can seem overwhelming.  I have been running a contest on my blog (http://donasdays.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-yeara-new-easy-contest.html ) to increase my follower numbers and I feel honored that the people who now read my blogs have chosen me amongst the plethora of possibilities.

But what if you are looking for some good writer blogs?  Well, here is a list of some of MY "go to" sites that I follow.  Some of these blogs are from new writer friends, some are informative writing blogs for established authors that I save as references, and there are a couple that are inspirational and just plain fun!

1.  Beth Stillborn (http://www.bethstilborn.com)
2.  Julie Hedlund (http://www.writeupmylife.com)
3.  Joanna Penn (http://www.thecreativepenn.com)
4.  Darcy Pattison (http://www.darcypattison.com)
6.  Linda Silvestri (http://www.sketchedout.wordpress.com)

Okay, there are just a few of the blogs I follow daily.  I will give shout outs to others over the next few weeks.  The reasons why I follow these blogs and others is mainly to keep me inspired and educated on my way to publication.  There is so much to learn for new writers and the sources are endless.  But one thing is for certain.  While writing itself is a solitary endeavor, the learning curve doesn't have to be.


Make a decision.  Grab that newly discovered blog by the tail and see where it leads you!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this list! I know a couple of these blogs, but most are new to me, it will be fun to check them out on this very snowy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogs you listed are among some of my favorites too! I'll have to check out the ones I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Heather, and stay warm! I have many other blogs that I follow for different reasons and I will be listing them in the future because all of them have be extremely helpful to me in the past and I love giving shout outs when I can! Thanks for stopping by...come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna, you were actually the next blog I was going to list but I was running late this morning and almost missed my reading to my classrooms because I was trying to finish today's blog. You are heading my next blog list, I promise! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including me in your shout-out list, Donna! It means a lot to me. There are a few I've heard of but haven't read, and so I will rectify that during "blog-reading time" later today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out! Great list of blogs and wonderful company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen, for stopping by! I am honored...feel like a little girl meeting "Super Woman" for the first time! ;0) Please come back and visit any time!

      Delete
  7. Decisions are often hard. It would probably help if I were more organized. Thanks for your tips. I'm also familiar with most of the blogs you listed, but I'll have to check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I am an extremely organized person although I'm human and certainly have my moments! I'm glad you are finding my blog posts somewhat helpful. Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh, Beth, I have some blogs that I dance around the room reading them because I get so energized from them! Lol...I will list other sites I read at another time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna! Thanks so much for the shout out! I am so touched. Although, I must say, I have slacked the past week or so, since the holidays. A bit of a slump. I may not post every day, but I resolve to post a few times a week from here on out. Thanks also for pointing out these other blogs. I couple I follow and a couple I'll have to check out. I just love this community, don't you!? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for stopping by! I find myself so incredibly impressed by your sketches that some of them actually spark PB ideas when I see them. Everyone needs to take a break now and then to recharge. I look forward to your next sketch! Come back any time!

      Delete
  10. Love all these blogs Donna (including yours!). Thanks for the shout-out too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Julie! I try really hard to make my posts not only entertaining but inspiring and at times informative...come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought you ought to know, your blog is one I have grabed by the tail....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Diane! I guess we will BOTH see where it leads us! Lol

      Delete